Monday, May 10, 2010

The Miracles Just Keep Coming!

So I announced last week that we are moving. That statement is very true and we are right in the middle of it now! Our house is still bubbling over with sewer water in all of the drains. I was doing ok with this until Sat. I was running to every one's house and doing laundry. All of us were showering and using Erika's bathroom and that was going ok. I tried to do dishes on Friday and I saw black water start to come up and that about did me in. I opened the dishwasher and saw all of the "clean" dishes were covered in fore mentioned water and that was almost the last straw.

On Sat. my sweet daughter Erika took all of our laundry over to Grandma Crandall's and spent most of the day doing laundry and helping her with her garage sale. (What other 16 year old would do that all day?) When I got home from work I was hit with the horrible sewer water smell and I told Eric that we needed to get a hotel until we were able to move into our new rental house. We started looking and figuring out that we would have to get 2 rooms for all of us and it would be a lot of money. I was feeling very overwhelmed and stressed and on top of that I had to work that night leaving Eric to figure all of this out while taking care of all of the younger kids! Right before work we met with our landlords and signed papers and gave them our rent check and deposit money. We were telling him our dilemma and after I left he offered Eric the chance to move in early to make like much easier! What a miracle - right at our breaking point we were saved AGAIN! I forgot to mention an "early in the day" miracle. I kept trying to call Eric on his cell phone and it was not working. He figured out that he could call out but no one could call him so he was out of luck. About an hour later somehow our landlord got through on Eric's cell phone and that was how they set up the meeting time. Until Eric had his phone fixed later in the day no other calls came through!

Long story short we are in our new house with the bare minimum supplies. I need to paint all of the kids' rooms so we have not moved any bedroom furniture over yet but we have mattresses and blankets so we are comfortable enough. I will hopefully start painting tomorrow if we can decide on a color and theme.

We said our goodbyes to the 12th ward yesterday. My heart was full . We have been in this ward for 8 1/2 years. We love so many people. Our kids have grown up in this ward. So many people have helped us so much and we will miss being a part of this ward.

Next Sunday we will meet our new ward family and I am nervous!!! I am not a brave person. I usually do not start conversations and I am very self-conscious. I have heard that we are next to the biggest family in the ward and I am sure that my kids will be among the nosiest too. Wish us luck! I need my kids to make new friends and feel comfortable so we will do all we can to help and serve in this new ward and area.

Any words of wisdom and advice on how to make this transition easier for all of us?

5 comments:

Emily Hughes said...

Try to learn at least 1 new face each week at church. That's what I did in our ward out here in Queen Creek because our wards are so huge. I was afraid of being lost in all the faces. It was easy enough to start with 1 person's name and then keep at it. Oh yeah, be sure to attend your ward activities and relief socitey activites. I'm so happy for you new house!!

Allyson & Jere said...

So happy for all your little miracles, that is so GREAT! I'm also so glad that you're partially in and on your way to your new start.

Just smile and say hello to the new ward, they will love you soon enough.

Carroll Family said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to move in!!! That is SO disgusting!!!!! I think you'll do great! I'm curious if I might know the largest family in that ward - you'll have to let me know. So grateful for you miracles!

Tammy said...

Just be yourselves and you will be loved! Have fun fixing up the new place.

Jenn Toon said...

Everyone is SO EXCITED to have you all in the ward!! Just be sure to attend every activity you can and before you know it, you'll get "sucked in" to this AMAZING ward!! So happy to have you here and it was fun to see you at church today!