Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What a week and we are only at Wednesday!
As you know from my last post Joseph had his tendon release surgery first thing Monday morning. What you didn't know is that while we were waiting we got a phone call from Eric's sister Emily telling us that Grandma Johnson had just passed away. We had just visited her the day before and said our goodbyes. I told my husband about the news and all he said was that he was so happy that he got to hold her hand and say goodbye. He was/is very close to his Johnson grandparents and has so many fond memories I know that it has been hard on him to see them go. The rest of the day was spent at work and that night we all went to the mall.
Tuesday - Erika's Big Day! She turned 16! I am still trying to believe that my oldest is now old enough to drive and to date. She is such a wonderful person. She is so talented. Erika has the most giving heart of anyone I know. She puts everyone's needs in front of her own. She is very organized and smart. I feel very BLESSED to have her be in our family. I am so grateful that she is the oldest because she is such a great example for her sisters and brothers and parents. Tuesday was busy for all of us so we had her b-day dinner on Sunday and she will have her party later. She had planned a planning meeting for the benefit concert on her b-day so she stayed after school and got ready for that. She came home around 6:30 and I got to see her for 5 minutes and then I headed to work.
I also wanted to talk about Anna because on Tuesday she came to me after school and said that she is no longer going to have any accidents in her panties. She will never wear a pull-up again and she will always be dry! She is 5 and we have begged for years for her to do this. She has always said that she can't. She would have accidents in her pants and then ask me to clean her up and most of the time I would complain and tell her that I did not want to and then she would turn to me and say, "remember I serve you and you serve me?" - how could I resist???? Anyways we are very happy that she has made this decision and I will have to report on how it goes!!!
Wednesday morning I was too tired to get out of bed because we went to bed very late. I did hear some noices at 5:15 a.m. so I got up to see what was happening. I found Mandy making a bed for Jakey on the couch and then going to the kitchen and getting bowls of cereal for her and her brother! What a sweet girl! At 9:00 Joseph and I went to the Dr. and they put fiberglass on his cast so it will last the 4 weeks!
The rest of this week is a little overwhelming with all that must be done. We have our regular schedules and then a b-day party, funeral, getting a driver's license, meetings every night, and not to mention our Jakey turns 3 on Sat.! I would rather be busy than sitting around doing nothing but this is a little over the top! Here we go! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

jen said...

Lily mentioned a grandma having a stroke. I'm glad to hear it was Eric's grandma and not his mom. I'd misunderstood Lily.
Overwhelming week. Take a breath when you can, and good luck with Anna. That's amazing. It's shocking what stubborn kids can do. I'm familiar, as you may know!

Marilyn said...

I don't know how you do it Jenn. I'd fall over dead if I had to keep up with you for 1 week. You're such a super woman/mom!!!

Carroll Family said...

Wow - you are incredibly busy!!! I hope you can enjoy some of it - you're amazing!

Christi said...

I love the quote "I serve you and you serve me". I'll have to remember that one. Those are definitely the treasured moments to recall on bad days. I'm glad you wrote it down.

Allyson & Jere said...

Wow! Well, congrats on Erika's big 16, sorry about the Gramma, Hooray for Anna,and now Deep Breaths, DEEP Breaths. Hang in there!