Monday, April 13, 2009

Mixed Emotions
I was released from being our ward's choir director yesterday. I have had that calling for 3 1/2 years and I have grown to love it! I have learned so much and met so many wonderful people. The power of music is amazing to me. So many Sundays the talks have matched the special number even if we hadn't planned it that way. Yesterday on Easter was so special. We sang:
"He is Risen", "This is the Christ", and "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". The talks were each on a different aspect of the Savior's life and each song that followed the talk just fit perfectly! We had so many people up in the choir loft it was humbling. Thanks to all of you who came up and sang - you sounded beautiful. Thanks to all of the members who came every Sunday the last few years and supported the ward choir. A BIG thanks to the awesome accompanists who put up with me and did so well. Also thanks to the Bishopric for being so helpful and letting us sing so often. Finally thanks to my wonderful family for being so supportive and helpful and letting me be gone so much - I love you.
Music has made my testimony grow because my heart listens to music and I can remember something so much better if it is associated with music.

4 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I wish I had heard more of it! I had to leave during two of the numbers, but I loved what I heard. I'm sure everyone will miss you as choir director.

jen said...

Choir director is a hard calling, because, as far as I can tell, it's the only calling in the Church that people aren't supposed to be there. Primary, Sunday School, Enrichment. You know if you're supposed to be there. But choir? Not today, I'm tired. Not today, I don't want to. But now that I'm no longer responsible, I find myself caring more about it.

Rydgd said...

I know you did a fantastic job in that calling...you're going to be missed. Where did they put you? Or do you get a little time off?? Let's hope for the latter =)

Carroll Family said...

I bet you were wonderful!!! Music is such a blessing in life!