Saturday, February 7, 2009

What would I do without my family?? Nothing!
The last 2 days have been very busy for me because I traveled to Tucson to accompany 10 students in a singing competition (NATS) Interesting side note, I did not want to accompany this year because I have such a young baby but I realized that I have been playing for NATS for 23 years and I have only missed one time so I must keep my record going. Anyways back to the post...last Sunday I was talking to my mother-in-law and telling her that I was going to Tucson and she said that she would invite herself and drive me down there and we would stay with her daughter and her family so I was very excited because I love to go anywhere with her and I am a horrible long distance driver. So we (I, Joseph, Anna, Jacob and my mother-in-law) left yesterday around 9:30 a.m. Our first stop was MCC so I could play for one more lesson before we performed. While I was there she took care of the kids and fed them. Then we got on the road and when we got to Tucson she dropped Joseph and I off at the Uof A and she went on with my other 2 kids to Laurel's house. Then she came back for me around 4:30 and we went back to Laurel's. My kids were having such a good time there and they made us feel so welcome. They fixed a delicious dinner and then I had to go back to the music building for 4 more auditions. Joseph went with me again and was an angel baby. The last audition I played for gave me some grey hairs as she was all over the music but we stayed together and she even made finals. At 9:00 I walked across the street to where Mom was waiting and we went back to Laurel's. She was so kind and had bathed my kids and put their pj's on and even had Jakey in bed already. I think that Anna and Joseph and I finally got to sleep around 11:00.
This morning we got up and they made us homemade waffles with homemade syrup - delicious! Meanwhile back at home my Mom and Dad had picked up Mandy and Emma and let them have a sleep over while Eric and Erika stayed home and enjoyed the peace and quiet. When they came home they all pitched in and got the house all cleaned up and laundry done. Erika had even cleaned some cupboards! Back to Tucson. We had to leave around 9:30 and Laurel said that it was fine to leave Anna and Jakey again so Mom went and dropped Joseph and I off. No one could believe that I was playing for so many people after I had had a baby 7 weeks ago. I just said that I am a die hard and can't stay away. After my first audition I had to go and play some finals and then again Mom came and picked me up. She had packed my car and brought my 2 kids and even filled up my gas tank. She is a wonderful woman and I hope to be like her when I grow up. When anyone would ask me where I was staying while in Tucson I would explain and they would say how lucky I was and I realize they were right! Thank you Laurel and Bill for letting us stay at Hotel Oliver ( Anna talked about how much fun she had all day). Thanks Joanne and Sicely for letting my older kids come over. Thanks Mom Crandall for everything I could not have survived without you. Thanks Mom and Dad Halliday for taking my kids and also for all of your support this last week with my crazy schedule. Thanks to my sweet husband and kids for being so understanding and patient with my crazy hours and lack of being home much - I love you. I am very blessed to have such great friends and family. :)

1 comment:

jen said...

You make my busy life seem pale and easy. I have no idea how you do it all. You are blessed to have such a good family around you.
Take time to smile and enjoy that baby!